On the Road With Doris & Ez

We're going on a road trip!!!! Could be three weeks could be three years, we'll see. Read below to see where we are now.....

Friday, September 29, 2006

I've Been Tagged!?!

Which means (I’m told) that I’ve been singled out to share more about myself than you might like to know. So if you’re reading this for the travel stuff alone, you might just want to scroll on down or check back another day. This is a good time – my birthday was a few weeks ago and I’m still feeling pretty self-indulgent. My daughter is the one who’s wished this on me – you can check out her great blog at www.differentdirt.blogspot.com.

I am. . on the adventure of a lifetime. Not just because I’m seeing so many new places, but I’ve changed my life so completely.

I want. . very little. We’ve distilled our lives down to the basics. The things I might have coveted in the past – now there’s no use or no room for them.

I wish. . I could find more good, fresh produce in the small towns we visit.

I hate. . traffic. We’ve avoided it pretty successfully the last few months, so it’s hard when we have to deal with it again.

I miss. . just dishing with my girlfriends. Ez is great, and we meet some fun people, but there’s not the shared history.

I hear. . a continuous buzzing in my ears – tinnitus. It’s not as annoying as you might think – just like constant white noise.

I wonder. . what my future grandbabies will be like.

I regret. . not doing more things that scare me.

I am not. . ready to start wearing the baggy, matronly clothes I see other women my age wearing. (So I guess I’d better drop a few lbs. then. . )

I dance. . when I’ve had a couple of drinks! You know, that window of time when you’re relaxed and the music feels right and before you think, uh oh, I’d better sit down now.

I sing. . just like my mother – ACK!! The most pitiful bleating, especially when it’s done with enthusiasm and gusto! In church as a little girl I used to wonder why she couldn’t PLEASE just move her lips!

I cry. . when I hear bagpipe music!?! Also at weddings, in cheesy movies when the underdog finally makes it, when I talk about our kids who are trying to have babies.

I am not always. . as put together as I used to be. I seldom wear makeup these days and sometimes I just put on a hat rather than do my hair.

I make. . pretty good pork chops and scalloped potatoes. My mom taught me the recipe.

I write. . because it helps to clarify things in my head.

I confuse. . a hook and a slice.

I need. . to do some of things I said I would do – like getting more exercise and taking a writing class.

I should. . start getting up earlier.

I start. . a new book only after I’ve finished the one I’m on.

I finish. . my husband’s sentences when he can’t find the word he wants.

So. . that's it! I guess it's customary to pass the torch so to speak and tag someone else, so I guess I'll tap my daughter-in-law. How about it, Princess Shine?? No pressure - remember, it took me a couple of months to get this one done. .

3 Comments:

Blogger Millicent said...

I cry...when my Mom posts her meme. I love you Mom.

P.S. Did you know I cry when I hear bagpipes too? What's up with that?

6:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I accept your tag. It might help keep my mind of things for a bit!!!

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got the comments section fixed...yea!!
Loved reading about you...to me that's even better than the travel log!
Could the bagpipe thing be a leftover from the "Mike and Clan Gordon Bagpipe" days?
Linda

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home